She says “We have seen several shortcomings of the Nigerian failed interview process, but I will list out some of them. We have seen instances where;
– Someone non-vocal is termed incompetent, while the talkative is considered Job worthy.
– Someone with a certain school certification is considered a professional, and the other is seen as a learner.
– Someone with a high GP is seen as brilliant – even if he has no talent, while someone with a lesser GP is considered a Dunce.
– Someone who is well dressed is chosen even before the interview, while the guy who is hungry and can’t afford such expensive suit is seen as incapable.
– Where everyone is judged by a singular task to be accomplished
I can go on and on, but it is obvious that the interview process in Nigeria is fast losing its aim, and the selection process has been flawed.
It has made candidates to put on an attire of personality that is not theirs, all in a bid to just land the job.
Now back to my research topic ”
1. Psychological inclusion in the selection of right candidates for job role: A Case Study of Nigerian Labour Market”.
2. The demand and supply analysis of labour force in Nigeria