GNI warmly welcomes applications for the next one-year GNI Emerging Voices Fellowship Program. The fellowship program seeks to further online freedom of expression and privacy around the world by facilitating collaboration and conversation among diverse stakeholders.
Three one-year fellowship grants of $10,000 USD each will be awarded to organizations based in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. Fellowships include funding to participate in four GNI Board meetings and networking events and engage in GNI activities, including but not limited to: policy and learning calls on digital rights issues, development of policy analysis papers, and attendance at regional multistakeholder meetings
Fellows will work with GNI’s diverse membership, including information and communications technology (ICT) companies and human rights and press freedom non-governmental organizations to foster shared learning, advocacy, and contribute their own experience to GNI’s unique multistakeholder platform.
GNI welcomes applications from established organizations as well as newcomers to the digital rights space. To be considered, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, or sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrated experience or interest and aptitude for working on freedom of expression and privacy issues in the ICT sector.
- Ability to attend three in-person meetings (health and travel restrictions permitting) and one remote (call-in) event, as well as preparation calls.
- Willingness to designate one member of the applying organization to be the main point of contact for this fellowship.
In addition to the aforementioned required qualifications, applicants with experience in one or more of GNI’s four policy priorities, should strongly consider applying, these are:
- Network disruptions
- Intermediary liability
- Jurisdictional assertions and limits
Application Deadline: December 30, 2020.
For More Information: