Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) – Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity building organisation that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, PLAC works to promote citizens’ engagement with government institutions and to advocate for legal and policy reforms and promote transparency and accountability in policy and decision-making processes
Applications are invited for:
Job Position: PLAC 2021 Legislative Internship Programme
Job Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration of Internship: April – June 2021
- Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) is implementing a 10-week long internship programme, with support from the European Union (EU) for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Completed NYSC
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office packages)
- Aged between 18 and 35 years
- The internship is unpaid and only stipends to cover transportation / lunch costs within Abuja is provided.
- Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern. It is advised that prospective interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship as PLAC will not provide accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two-page Resume or CV in MS Word format, saved in their name and a 300-word, “Statement of Interest” indicating the importance of their participation in the programme to: email@example.com with the Title as subject of the email.
Important Information and Notice
- The Statement of Purpose should be sent as an in-line text on the body of the email and NOT sent as an attachment. Also include your state of origin in your resume as interns will be selected from all states of the Federation and the FCT.
- Applications sent after the closing date or in breach of the application procedure will not be entertained. The internship provides for equal opportunity participation. All persons from across Nigeria are encouraged to apply.