Fear of the Unknown Phobia – Xenophobia. Xenophobia is derived from the Greek word ‘Xenos’ meaning “foreigner or stranger” and Phobos which means ‘morbid fear‘. Xenophobia is the irrational sensation of fear experienced about a person or a group of persons as well as situations that are perceived as strange or foreign. (www.fearof.net)
I can understand no one wants to be a loser, but fear of succeeding, it happens. Ask your friend, and ask yourself. Rather ask me how? It is a complexity of human nature.
As we have a list of what we want to achieve, these things are so lovely, yet, we imagine if they all happen, how will people look at you…Ask the celebrities…
Five good reasons why we fear success:
- Nature…Human being is born tabula rasa(blank states), but as we grow we should learn…
- It will change my personality: Change is the only constant thing….
- It will be too big for me at my age: No mountain is too high, the sky is the limit...
- I’m over-ambitious; i should rather be humble: Humility is different from ambition…
- Insecurity: There is no security in being secure, seek freedom rather…
How to overcome fear of success:
- Set goals that align with your vision
- Set deadlines, to do list and work accordingly
- Even when you start small, always think big
- Align your mission to your vision
- The bigger your cliques, the more confident you will be.
- Let the G-Factor appear in your equation.
I hope this helps.
For more enquiries, contact email@example.com, www.careerexplorers.wordpress.com