NOT BELIEVING IN ONESELF: FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN TYPE 3
Titus (Not real name), my colleague at work confessed when I simply asked him why people find it difficult to believe in themselves. He simply told me that until he started living with motivators, He could hardly do anything on His own because He is fearful, alone and not confident. Right from His primary school, He found it so hard and took time to learn how to read, even when others have gone far reading a four-five letters word. Same continues in secondary school when he was lagging behind up to the university state.
Even when this poor man knew he is wrong, he would rather go wrong than seeking people who can ameliorate his mistakes in class, home or environment. This goes for a long time. ……
Reasons why you don’t believe in yourself?
- When you think failure is the end of the road: Does your past failure stimulate stagnation or confidence? Inability to overcome the outcome of failure leads to not believing in oneself.
- When you walk with pessimist: Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the path of the unrighteous.
- When you fail to count your blessings, previous successes and achievement; then you are sure going to be a forever expectant, ingrate and unbelieving.
What you can do to believe in yourself
- Guard your heart with all your might because everything you create comes from it; this then would stimulate believing.
- Know what you live for; define your purpose and create, prioritize your values accordingly: Doing so will give you the opportunity to differentiate between what you need and what you want.
- Embrace partnership, association and collaboration: No man is a monopoly of knowledge, when you seek others opinion, you are sure not going to be that bad.
- Celebrate your success no matter how little; Count your blessings, name them one by one…and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
- Nurture yourself in other to be able to balance your flaws and success.
- Believe in change.
Here are few quotes that will steer your your ability to believe in yourself.
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. Norman Vincent Peale
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards. Paul Bryant
Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up. Rachel Corrie
I believe that God has put gifts and talents and ability on the inside of every one of us. When you develop that and you believe in yourself and you believe that you’re a person of influence and a person of purpose, I believe you can rise up out of any situation. Joel Osteen
You have to believe in yourself, otherwise you can’t do it. If you don’t believe in yourself, how do expect anyone else to? Because ultimately, you’re the one who has to do it. Donny Osmond
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them. John. F. Kennedy
For more information and comment, E-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org